AMI 0-3 Certificate Course, September 3rd – 7th & 11th - 14th 2018 (9 days) Auckland
AMI 0-3 Trainer - Julia Hilson
Who is the Course for?
The intention of the 0-3 Certificate Course is to help interested adults become able assistants in a Montessori Nido or Infant Community. The task of the assistant is to support and help the guide (Director/Directress) to maintain the equilibrium within the class and to offer follow-up work with the children, to engage in language with the children and help maintain the order within the environment.
On this course students learn how to:
- and when to intervene (and when not to!)
- acquire the ability to aid children as they become increasingly independent, "any unnecessary help is a hindrance to development"
- gain knowledge of Montessori's approach to Freedom & Discipline
- gain children's trust
- understand the importance of the indoor and outdoor environment
- appreciate the importance of food and food preparation
And much more...
September 3rd – 7th & 11th - 14th 2018 (9 days). This allows 3 days for the 9 hours of observation in between.
The Venue for the 3-6 Diploma starting in July 2018 will be Lotus Sanctuary, Kawai Purapura Retreat Centre, 14 Mills Lane, Albany, Auckland. Kawai Purapura also offers accommodation onsite: kawaipurapura.co.nz/rooms/
Go back to Courses and click on the Course Outline, Course Venue & Course Dates for information about the AMI 3-6 Diploma Course starting in July, 2018!